Waterman 14 – Super Flex / Wet Noodle (See Price Here)
Here is a very nice Waterman 14 in BCHR. The black hard rubber is faded to a medium brown. The chasing is still present, though it has mostly lost texture. The imprints, however, are still pretty and easily readable. The gold filled trim is in good condition. The repousse bands still look lovely. The edges do have a little bit of brassing, but you need magnification to see it. The clip is without brassing. The 14kt. Waterman #4 nib is a very lovely XF (0.3mm) that writes wet, smooth, and graceful. The nib also has lovely flex. It goes from XF to BBB (1.7mm) with ease. I have graded it as ranging between a Super flex and Wet Noodle. It’s on the soft side of super flex but a bit stiff for Wet Noodle. it is also quite responsive. The nib used to be cracked at the base, but it was welded closed by Greg Minuskin. He does excellent work and his welds are superb. The nib is more likely to crack somewhere else long before the weld ever fails.
SIZE: 5 5/16″ Capped
NIB: Waterman 14kt. #4, XF to BBB (0.3mm-1.7mm), SUPER FLEX / WET NOODLE (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Bands cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality