Waterman 412 – Super Flex/Wet Noodle (See Price Here)
The Waterman 412 is a Waterman 12 with a sterling silver overlay (thus the “4” at the front). The black hard rubber under the overlay has faded to a dark brown. The overlay looks great for its age. It does have a few small dings on the top of the cap. The clip is missing it’s ball at the end. The imprint on the end of the barrel is still good and crisp. The 14kt. Waterman #2 is a superb nib. Normally it writes as a wet and very elegant F (0.4mm) that is a bit stubbish. The flex on the pen is very, very nice. It has a soft flex that is bordering between “super flex” and “wet noodle.” In addition it has some great range of flex going from F to BBB (0.4mm-1.8mm). The feed is very wet and puts a lot of ink on the page. And it has some pretty nice responsiveness. Overall, a great vintage work of art.
SIZE: 5 1/4″ Capped
NIB: Waterman 14kt. #2, F to BBB (0.4mm-1.8mm), SUPER FLEX/WET NOODLE (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Bands cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality