Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a Waterman 12 Eyedropper in BCHR. The black hard rubber has faded to a dark brown and the chasing has faded some. More so on the the body than the cap. It’s still visible on the body but it still has texture on the cap. The imprints are still pretty crisp. The pen has two gold filled bands which have some light scratching but no brassing. The bottom band has the initials M.E.P. in a nice script engraved. There are some bite marks on the top of the cap. The 14kt. Waterman #2 is a nice and wet writing F. It’s feels delicate, light, and smooth as a writer. There is a little bit of a wave in the left tine, but it doesn’t seem to affect performance. The pen has some great flex going up to 1.9mm quite easily. It lays down a lot of ink very quickly when flexing but somehow still manages to be pretty responsive. Great 100 year old pen.
SIZE: 5 1/8″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, F to BBB (0.4mm-1.9mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Clip cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality