Waterman 12 Red Mottled – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a Waterman 12 Red mottled eyedropper with patent dates of 1899 and 1903. This hundred year old pen is still in very good condition. The only real blemish is that the pen looks to originally have had a clip. At some point it was lost and replaced with this “Listo” accommodation clip, which is in pretty good shape. The red mottled hard rubber is in very nice shape with little fading. Imprints are all crisp. The 14kt. Waterman #2 nib is a great, smooth writing XF nib that doesn’t write overly wet. It has a good range of flex from 0.3mm (XF) to BBB (2.0mm). The does not have wet noodle ease of flex, but it does have great responsiveness. It’s snappy and crisp and allows for some great quality flex writing. A fantastic vintage flex pen.
SIZE: 5 1/4″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, XF to BBB (0.3mm-2.0mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality