Waterman 32 – Wet Noodle (Artists Nib) (See Price Here)
First the formalities. This is a standard black Waterman 32 with chrome trim. The body is well cared for. There is some light scratching throughout due to normal use, but overall this pen is smooth, polished and shinning jet black. The trim has also very faint scratching, but there is no plate loss. Imprints are good and crisp. Now to the nib. This is a “wow” nib. It’s paintbrush soft AND responsive. That is a very difficult and rare combination to acquire. This is about as close as you can get to a dip nib in a fountain pen. The nib flexes so easily that it isn’t great for normal writing. The tines just flex too easily, and since it’s an XF that will make it feel rather scratchy. Feels very much like trying to write normally with a dip nib. This nib takes a light touch, and probably isn’t the best for beginners. Not a particularly rare pen model, but a very rare nib. Perfect for artists and calligraphers.
SIZE: 5″ Capped
NIB: 14kt. Waterman #2, XF to BBB (0.3mm-1.7mm), WET NOODLE (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Bands cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality