Waterman 12 Red Mottled – Wet Noodle (See Price Here)
Here is a Waterman 12 in Red Mottled hard rubber. The pen is in very nice condition. There is a little bit of fading to the hard rubber. More so on the cap than then body. There are also a few light teeth marks on the section. The latest patent on the pen is 1884 dating this to likely to the late 1880s-90s, so it’s well over a 100 years old. The side imprint is still very good and crisp. The number imprint on the end of the barrel. The 14kt. Waterman #2 is a gorgeous nib. This a rare, true XXF. It writes rather smoothly for how fine it is. It also has some fantastic flex. On this wet noodled nib, the flex comes easily. It’s not a paintbrush, but you don’t want quite a paintbrush for it will lack this nib’s control. The responsiveness is fantastic. It definitely has a dip nib feel. The range of flex is also very good going from XXF (0.2mm) to BB+ (1.6mm). These XXF wet noodles are in very high demand, so I doubt that this will last long.
SIZE: 5 1/4″ Capped
NIB: 14kt. Waterman #2, XXF to BB (0.2mm-1.6mm), WET NOODLE (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Bands cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality