Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – Super Flex (On Ebay)
The Waterman 72 is the rarer eye dropper cousin to the 52. They are basically a 52 made as an eye dropper. It is bigger than the 12 and has a threaded cap rather than the old slip cap. This 72 is in beautiful condition nearing mint condition. There is minimal fading to the BCHR. It is still very black and the chasing and imprints are good and crisp. There is the name “J.B. Robinson” inscribed in the side. The nickel clip is in great condition as well. The 14kt. Waterman #2 is a very smooth writing F (0.5mm). This is a nice quality flex nib. It has a nice ease of flex going all the way up to 1.9mm with good responsiveness. It’s really approaching wet noodle status. Plus, it’s an eye dropper, so plenty of ink capacity. A great pen for the user and collector alike.
SIZE: 5 1/8″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, F to BBB (0.5mm-1.9mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Clip cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality