Waterman 14 Red Mottled – Super Flex (On Ebay)
Here is a nice Waterman 14 eyedropper in red mottled hard rubber. Patent date on this Waterman is 1884. It’s likely over 120 years old, but still in very nice condition. There is a little fading to the hard rubber, but it still has very good color for it’s age and has even retained some of it’s original shine. Imprints are pretty good. A little faded, but certainly readable. The only real flaw is a tiny chip on the edge of the cap, but the there are no cracks. The 14kt. Waterman #4 is a perfect specimen of the joys of vintage nibs. It’s a juicy, soft, smooth F that is really a stub. Notice the line variation in the writing sample. It has some superb flex that ranges from 0.4mm to 1.7mm and has an ease of flex that is nearing wet noodle status. It also has very good responsiveness. It’s a beautiful, early Waterman.
SIZE: 5 1/4″ Capped
NIB: 14kt. Waterman #4, F to BB (0.4mm-1.7mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality