Waterman 12 S.F. – Wet Noodle (See Price Here)
This is a Canadian made Waterman 12 Sleeve Filler with a truly fabulous nib. The hard rubber on this pen is smooth with no original chasing and it has faded some to a dark brown. The imprints on this one are quite nice, crisp, and easily readable. It has patent date of 1909. The slip cap does have a small chip out of the lip. The nickel filled clip-cap clip is still in great shape with very little wear for it’s age. The internal filler bar has some rust spots, but they are only surface and pretty common on these pens. The 14kt. Waterman #2 is a super soft wet noodle nib. The pen writes normally as a very wet F (0.4mm) that is silky smooth. The tipping was just redone by Greg Minuskin, so it’s as good as the day it was made. The nib has pretty decent responsiveness for how soft it is. The flex ranges up with ease to 1.8mm (BBB). These sleeve fillers are pretty hard to come by and this nib is a real joy to use.
SIZE: 5 1/8″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, F to BBB (0.4mm-1.8mm), WET NOODLE (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
FILLING: Sleeve Filler
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Bands cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality