Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a Waterman 12 Eyedropper in BCHR. The pen is in pretty good shape. The cap does appear to have been shortened. Most likely there was a crack on the lip and so the lip was simply removed. The BCHR is still very dark with just a little fading. The barrel looks like a grayish black. The cap is still quite dark. Chasing is still good, and the imprints are still quite crisp. There are two beautiful gold filled bands with a floral pattern etched into them as well as inscriptions. The lower band reads “Apr. 5, ’16” and the upper band reads, “C.F.H.” The pen was made in N.Y, but the nib is from Canada. The switch out could have been down at the time of original purchase, or it could have happened later. Not sure. Still it is a 14kt. Waterman #2. It writes as a rather wet but smooth and lovely F with a bit of a stubbish feel. It flexes quite easily up to 1.7mm. It isn’t as snappy as some super flex nibs, but it is quite smooth and wet. A great hundred year old pen.
SIZE: 5 1/8″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, F to BB (0.4mm-1.7mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Bands cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality