Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a Waterman 12 Eyedropper with patent dates of 1898, 1899, and 1903. The pen is in excellent condition. Good enough that if you handed it to someone who knew nothing about such things, they would think it is a pretty new pen. The BCHR is black with minimal fading. The chasing and imprints are crisp. The “12” on the end of the barrel is a little worn. This was a clipless model, and I believe predates the clip. The 14kt. #2 Waterman nib is a great nib. It is a wet, stubbish F (0.4mm). As a stub, it isn’t as smooth as a rounded nib, but if you hit the sweet spot it works great. The flex on this nib is excellent. The line variation, while quite good, just doesn’t tell the whole story. The nib flexes easy and with great responsiveness. And it has a great springy, snappy action. Nibs like these make flex writing feel so much easier.
SIZE: 5 3/8″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, F (stub) to BBB (0.4mm-1.8mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Clip cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality