Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a Waterman 12 Eyedropper with patent dates of 1889, 1903, and 1905. The smooth BCHR (no original chasing) has faded some and particularly on the barrel, which is more brown than the cap. The nickel plated clip has some wear though most of the nickel is still present. The main blemish on the pen is that there is a small crack in the lip of the cap directly below the clip. The crack does seem stable. Imprints are still pretty crisp. The 14kt. Waterman #2 nib is very smooth writing XXF nib. Why can’t they make nibs like this anymore? It has great flex ability. Not only does it flex quite easily, but it has a very good range going from 0.2mm to 1.9mm. The flow very good and the nib is quite responsive. Great 100 + year flex pen.
SIZE: 5 3/8″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, XXF to BBB (0.2mm-1.9mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Clip cleaned and polished
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality