Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a Waterman 12 Eyedropper with patent dates of 1889 and 1903. It is in very good condition. The BCHR is still quite black. In fact, it is black and not brown. It’s just a bit duller than original. The chasing as also faded and rubbed smooth, although still visible. Imprints are a little worn, but are still very readable. The clip is in good condition with only light plate loss (mostly visible only by magnification). The 14kt. Waterman #2 is a soft, flexy nib. Unfortunately, most of the iridium has been worn off. Only a very thin layer is left. Having said that, it is a very smooth medium and really writes like a stub. The flex is great going quite easily up to 2.2mm with good responsiveness. And as an eyedropper, the flow is definitely going to keep up.
SIZE: 5 1/4″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, M to BBB (0.6mm-2.2mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality