Parker Challenger – Good Flex – (On Ebay)
This is a Parker Challenger in standard size. This is made of the same plastic as the early green/ pearl marbled Vacumatics. The pen does indeed feel very Vac-like. It’s a good size pen at 5″ long and almost 12mm in diameter. The plastic body looks great. The band as well as the clip both have significant plate loss. Imprints are good, and the button filling system is working great. The 14kt. Parker nib is a nice F (0.4mm) with some decent flex. It has a pretty good range and ease of flex, but lacks the responsiveness of a super flex. Still a nice pen.
SIZE: 5″ Capped
NIB: Parker 14kt., F-BB (0.4mm-1.7mm), GOOD FLEX – (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for how I Grade Flex).
FILLING: Button Filler
- Pen thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Body and trim cleaned and polished
- Test driven for a week to insure quality