Waterman 12 Eye Dropper – SUPER FLEX (On Ebay)
Here is a very early Waterman 12 Eyedropper with patent dates of 1884 and 1898, so it is pre-1903 which I think is the next patent date. It is in very good condition. The smooth black hard rubber (there was no original chasing) has faded some to a dark brown, but the imprints are excellent. There are no cracks or significant scratches. The cap had no original clip. The 14kt. Waterman #2 nib is fantastic. It was sold to me as a “wet noodle,” but I would classify it as a super flex. It is extremely fine, probably less than 0.2mm, but it is so hard to measure at that fineness. It flexes up to 1.8mm and is pretty responsiveness. With the XXF point, it makes for some really nice, crisp flex writing.
SIZE: 5 1/4″ Capped
NIB: Waterman #2, XXF to BBB (0.2mm-1.8mm), SUPER FLEX (See “Grading Flex Nibs” for How I Grade)
- Pen (barrel, section, nib, feed, & cap) thoroughly cleaned & flushed
- Nib polished and tuned to write smoothly
- Inside of barrel thoroughly cleaned.
- Nib and feed ultrasonically cleaned and adjusted for optimal flow
- Test driven for a week to insure quality